Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

If my internship has taught me anything, its that, when I'm bored, I love to eat. Since I'm trying to save my waistline, I try not to take too many snacks to the office as - in my semi-conscious internship induced mind fog - I may eat anything in sight. So, instead of eating, I think about eating. A yummy, though not particularly original, concoction I conjured up one especailly slow afternoon: Rosemary Roasted Potatoes. 


Since I'm cooking for one (and hoping for some leftovers) these days, the ingredient amounts may seem a little measly but measurements can easily be multiplied to suit your needs. 

Ingredients:
1 cup baby new potatoes quartered
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 - 1 tablespoon Rosemary
Sea Salt
Pepper


Recipe


Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Mix quartered potatoes in a large bow with olive oil. Using your hands, toss the potatoes a bit to make sure the oil coats them evenly.
Sprinkle in the rosemary. Start with about a 1/2 tablespoon, and toss the potatoes and rosemary together. Add more rosemary if the mood suits you. In my opinion, the rosemary should add gentle flavor to the potatoes, but not be too overpowering. No one wants to gnaw through dense layers of thick, prickly rosemary leaves to get to the yummy soft potato part!
Finally, throw in some sea salt and freshly ground pepper. I'd say about two or three cranks of the pepper mill should do it and a teaspoon or so of salt, but really its all subjective on this one.
Make sure to toss this mixture well. Lay the potatoes on the roasting pan, and pop them in the oven. Cook until the potatoes are lightly golden brown and soft enough to stick a fork in but not too mushy. I recommend between 20 and 30 minutes depending on the oven and personal preferences.

Note: Though I skipped this step this time, sprinkling a little grated Parmesan over the top before putting in the oven would be a lovely additional touch!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment