Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Best Brownie I Ever Bought

On Friday, The St. Katharine Docks Good Food Market opened, and boy am I lucky, because the St. Katharine's Docks are spitting distance (if you're really good) from my desk at Dow Jones. The market displayed beaucoups de stalls featuring food from all over the world - and I mean ALL over: from American pulled pork BBQ to Thai green curry chicken and pad thai to vats of Portuguese chorizo dishes and more. UN, eat your heart out!

But let me get to the point - the brownies. Oh my lord!



Usually, I am rather under impressed by purchased brownies. They always seem to pale in comparison to an afternoon of double boilers, cracked egg shells and licking the pan followed by an evening of fresh, warm, perfectly gooey homemade brownies, so I almost passed up heaven when I saw these brownies. Fortunately, a friend of mine brought me to my senses. These brownies, made by UK catering team Tatenda, were absolutely to die for.

Tatenda is apparently famous for their brownies - with good reason -, and they were displaying quite a variety of flavors and concoctions of chocolate-y goodness. Fortunately for my taste buds and my waistband, they were selling bite-sized versions of each. I chose to sample the bite-sized caramel and peanut brownie - I'm a sucker for the salt and sweet combo - kinda like a snickers but WAY better, and the chocolate espresso brownie - because who can pass up nature's two best creations: chocolate and coffee. 

My life will never be the same. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those look incredible! They definitely do not look store bought -- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy - They were so good that I had to go back the next Friday for round two!

    ReplyDelete