Monday, November 1, 2010

Mock Chicken and Butternut Squash Casserole

One of my new favorite fall flavors is butternut squash, and I have taken to using it in as many dishes as possible. Here is one I made a few nights ago that I think turned out particularly well.



Mock Chicken and Butternut Squash Casserole


2 cups Wheat Pasta of choice. I used fusilli but penne or any similar shape should work just fine.
1 Chicken breast
1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 cup Butternut Squash chopped
1 clove Garlic
Parmesan Cheese
Sea Salt
Pepper
Garam Masala

Since I was just cooking for me, I roughly used the measurements above and had plenty left over for lunch the next day... and then some, but the measurements can easily be adapted to accommodate as many people as needed.

1. Cook the pasta following the directions on the packaging.
2. Coat your favorite pan in non-stick medium of choice - non-stick spray or olive oil.
3. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with salt, and pepper (optional) and place in pan on medium heat. Cook completely.
4. Place butternut squash on roasting pan. Lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle roughly 2 pinches of salt, pepper, and garam masala and add chopped garlic clove. Mix completely and place in oven on high heat until squash can be easily poked with a fork.
5. Layer the bottom of casserole dish with pasta. Shred chicken breast. Add chicken, squash and tomatoes to pasta. Mix. Grate a thin layer of parmesan over the top.
6. Bake in oven on medium heat until pasta begins to brown slightly.
7. Remove and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment