Friday, August 2, 2013

Whole30:Vegan Day 3

Oh man, I am so glad this was the last day of juicing. Every time I juice, I am always amazed that I don't feel hungry, but it sure will be nice to chew something! Still, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to all three full days of this. I definitely feel clean and refreshed from this experience, and that was the goal.

I was running out of vegetables to juice but wanted to use up the last of my store, so I got a little desperate. Let's just say, in case you were wondering, kale and carrots do not a yummy juice make!

Still, today was a peaceful and relaxing day. I felt a little bit like you do on the first day that you're well after a long cold. You know - when you have energy and verve for life and everything is wonderful, but if you do too much at once you get tired? That's exactly what day three was like (I swear it was a good thing, kind of), so I listened to my body and took it easy.


I painted my toes (got a little on me, whoops); took a nice, meditative, stretching yoga class online from Priscilla at The Black Swan Yoga; and finished my day off with this yumalicious, pretty-in-pink, watermelon and grape juice recipe.

Recipe:

1/2 of a very small watermelon with rind removed
30 or so red or purple grapes
a little bit of raw ginger

Throw it all in your juicer and enjoy! 

*Since this juice is pretty sugary, you don't want to drink too much of it, and you don't want to do it too often, but it's a nice little reward at the end of a long day or a tedious juicing session. 





No comments:

Post a Comment