Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Nerd Comes Out

As part of our orientation schedule for law school, we have a book discussion. Obviously, this isn't like those days in high school or undergrad when you bought the book, flexed the spine a few times to make it look read and then hit the spark notes hard. I'm pretty sure spark notes aren't going to cut it in law school... And, since I'm a super nerd, I've pulled out my crazy, cool reading glasses and stepped into study mentality already to make sure I kill this book discussion. Law School here I am!

As I recall from my previous study days, I don't study at home so well. There's always something to distract me - the cat, dishes, a nap - you name it. Quiet, but not too quite, coffee shops are usually what do the trick for me, so yesterday I went to find a cool place to study, errm, read. I had read about Flight Path Coffee House when I was doing some research for a friend's trip to town, and thought I'd check it out. It was perfecto! The barista was super nice, the atmosphere was kinda funky, and it was the perfect study atmosphere - a delicate balance between library quiet, where keyboard punching is a MAJOR distraction, and cafe buzz, where you just want to know what everyone is laughing about. I had a lovely hibiscus mint iced tea while I read and got a lot done. I'm sure I'll be hitting this place up again soon for a good study session.


Check it out! Pretty funky, right? Lots of space - front, back and outside.

By the way, the book is The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander. Anyone read it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment